CSF F8X BMW M3/M4 Top Mount Charge-Air-Cooler - Raw Finish
CSF F8X BMW M3/M4 Top Mount Charge-Air-Cooler controls heat and lowers intake air temperatures, which is very important when tuning the F87 M2 S55, F80 M3, and F82 M4. Higher intake air temp (IAT) means the engine computer has to dial back the boost and ignition timing to prevent detonation and knock. BMW tried to control IAT with a more advanced air-water cooling system. Many tuned M3/M4s experience the problem is that the factory intercooler is too small, and extreme heat overruns the system. The low-production M4 GTS received a water injection system to control IAT with more boost further. But a more straightforward, bolt-on S55 intercooler upgrade is this CSF Dual-Pass design.
The CSF uses a 60% larger core for greater resistance to heat soak. More surface area = cooler overall temps for extended time. The Dual-Pass design gives the intake air more cooling capacity than the original single-pass design. And the CSF is a direct bolt-on replacement to the stock intercooler. All of the original hose connections, charge pipes, and fittings are OEM-like fit.
The CSF top-mount uses aluminum end tanks that is stronger than the original plastic pieces on the stock cooler. They are also CFD test and cast construction for optimum flow in and out of the core. Multiple finishes are available - subtle wrinkle-black finish or unfinished if you plan on customizing the colors of your engine bay. Other finish options are also available (inquire).
- World’s 1st cast end tank designed top mount charge-air-cooler
- 60% increase in core size compared to the OEM cooler
- Multiple air dividers cast into both the hot/cold side end tanks for optimized airflow
- CFD analysis and testing completed ensuring optimal performance
- Left/right, cross-flow, dual-pass core configuration with 2-stage water cooling (vs. OEM single-pass vertical-flow design)
- They are designed with 3D scanning / rapid prototype technology to ensure precise fitment and maximum surface area utilization.
- “Drop-in fit” design for an easy & quick plug-and-play installation
- Multiple finish options
- Lifetime warranty
This Part Fits:
This Part Fits: