AMS Performance 2020+ Toyota Supra A90 Chopped CF Cold Air Intake System
Our AMS Performance Toyota GR Supra Chopped Carbon Fiber Air Intake kit was designed to draw a higher volume of cold air into the stock turbocharger. With this intake installed, the factory plastic filter box and plastic intake tube are replaced with our motorsport grade matte carbon fiber components and dry media air filter. The MKV Supra Carbon Fiber Air Intake Kit is a vast improvement over the stock intake system and in our extensive SnailWorks© Engineering Team R&D testing has shown a massive 25% increase in airflow efficiency!
- 25% Reduction in Airflow Restriction (Pressure Drop)
- Draws a Higher Volume of Cold Air
- Enclosed Intake Completely Seals Out Hot Engine Bay Air
- Motorsports Grade, Hand Laid Carbon Fiber
- Durable Billet Aluminum Mounting Hardware
- No Yellowing or Fading Over Time
- Even Distribution of Cold Air Across Filter
- Dry Media Filter means Easy Cleaning and NO Oil
THE POWER OF FOCUSED ENGINEERING
AMS Performance is an engineering company first. We have built our decades long reputation as a leading motorsports aftermarket component manufacturer by creating the highest performing parts through a focused engineering approach to design. This engineering process is what makes the MKV Supra Carbon Fiber Air Intake the best designed intake system on the market The largest component of the MKV Supra Carbon Fiber Intake is the sealed cold air intake box. Our SnailWorks© Engineering Team knows that heat is the biggest power robbing factor that plagues other inferior intake system designs. That is why they designed the air box to seal out blistering engine bay temperatures. They then took advantage of the Supra’s existing intake ducting that funnels fresh air into the intake box by designing an air box opening that matches perfectly to the air duct. Our engineers did not stop there.
When they focused on the other system components they found even more places to improve the design. The intake piping has been increased to 90mm for increased airflow, and to provide future compatibility with larger aftermarket turbo compressor cover inlets. This is a massive 26.5% increase in cross sectional area over the factory system, which has flow reducing corrugations and reduces to 65mm at the compressor cover inlet. Whether you plan on leaving the turbo stock, or going with an aftermarket unit, this intake system has you covered.
THE DIFFERENCE IS IN THE DETAILS
You can expect an easy install without cutting, trimming or taking off any additional components. It can be installed with basic hand tools in minutes! Couple that with a purpose built, reusable synthetic high-flow dry media filter, you’ll no longer have to purchase cheap factory paper filters down the road. The “Dry Media” filter means just that, no more messy oiling of your filter. Just one more reason why our intake is the best option on the market. The washable MKV Supra synthetic media filter was designed and manufactured specifically to fit this high performance automotive application, and the filter size and configuration was fine tuned to ensure that it will still provide all the necessary air for any MKV Supra, including upgraded turbo cars, without any substantial restriction or compromise in filter efficiency.
The new large AMS airbox was specifically designed to distribute airflow evenly over the entire circumference of the intake filter by allowing air to swirl around it. This means greater distribution of cold airflow across the filter resulting in lower pressure drop and a longer filter life between cleanings. The AMS Performance MKV Supra Carbon Fiber Intake Kit is engineered to deliver a 25% reduction in pressure drop which leads to better efficiency and more power. Because the Supra uses a torque based ECU tuning strategy, our SnailWorks© Engineering Team has found that horsepower is not significantly changed with any aftermarket engine components unless proper ECU calibration is made to take advantage of the new hardware components. Our team even went so far as to add a much larger turbocharger to our test Supra, and found 0 hp gains without tuning. Do not be fooled by competitor’s claims of horsepower gains without ECU calibration! Our Engineers designed the fully enclosed dry air filter to draw in a larger volume of air into its hand laid carbon fiber constructed cold air box.
- Limited Edition Chopped Carbon Fiber Sealed Airbox
- Limited Edition Chopped Carbon Fiber Intake Tube
- Rubber Grommet Airbox Seal
- Dry Media Filter
- Billet Aluminum Brackets and Stanchions
- All Necessary Mounting Hardware
- Online Installation Instructions
- 2020 Toyota GR Supra – w/ B58 3.0L Turbo Engine
- 2021 Toyota GR Supra – w/ B58H 3.0L Turbo Engine (*Does not fit with factory strut tower bracing unless additional spacers are used*)
- The filter uses specially designed dry media that allows performance and efficiency to be restored to near new each time by simply using compressed air (30-40 psi) from the inside out, making frequent washing unnecessary in order to restore filter performance. For a deep cleaning from extreme environments, a biodegradable cleaner such as Simple Green or other mild shop degreasers can be used. Simply place the filter in a solution or spray the cleaner on the filter. Allow the solution to loosen the particulate and then rinse thoroughly. Shake the filter or use compressed air from the inside outward to remove residual water and allow 24 hours to dry.
- Does not fit with strut tower bracing unless additional spacers are used
- As these motorsports grade carbon fiber parts are hand laid, slight imperfections or weave pattern variances can be expected.